Implant size?

Hello, I scheduled my ba for next week. I'm 5'3 140 pounds. I measure barely a 34a. I would like to get a good full c. I have decided to go with moderate plus silicone 350cc and 375cc because I have a slight difference. I'm not sure if I'm going too small. If I go to 375cc will be a big difference from 350cc? Thank you!

Choosing the Breast Implant for You

Prospective patients should know that the final texture, shape, and appearance are not exactly the same as natural breasts. Many patients in fact prefer the firmness and slightly different contours than natural breasts. However, these differences may be more noticeable in some patients than others. The intended result of the procedure is to enhance the size and shape of the breasts to achieve the body image desired by the patient.

There is a video here with some information on choosing the size and shape of the breast implant that may best suit your body.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery with a lift.  "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

25 cc difference

A 25 cc difference is probably barely noticeable.  You can do a baggy test at home to see what you like. Best of luck.

Size

It is difficult to exactly answer your question without knowing some of your breast measurements.  There isn't much of a difference between 350cc and 375cc, only about a tablespoon or so. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Implant size

Implant size is always a concern- both you and your surgeon should feel comfortable in your selection, no matter how many visits it requires.

25cc is 1 ounce shot glass- it is not a significant difference, will not jump a whole cup size.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast augmentation for small breasts implant selection

The size you have selected sounds reasonable. Trying on implants in a tight bra, imaging with the Vectra # dimensional imaging machine and reviewing photos are the the three phases I use with my patients for implant selection. By using the three methods we have achieved a 97% satisfaction rate. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

What size

For your stats the implants you are considering sound reasonable. 350 /375 is a minimal change in volume, but it will change the width of the implant mainly. Because it is hard to guess just using numbers I recommend looking at implant sizers with your surgeon if possible. The last thing you want to do is worry on the day of surgery. I have included hoe I approach sizing in my own practice in the link below.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advice you need and want.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD