What to expect my 2nd week of recovery from breast augmentation?

Monday will be a week since my breast augmentation surgery. I am wondering what to expect this week. How active or not active should I be?

What to expect two weeks after breast augmentation

At two weeks you should be able to begin lighter exercising such as stationary bike or elliptical trainer. At three weeks most patients can resume full exercising including weight lifting. If significant discomfort occurs during an activity, it is best to wait a little longer before resuming the activity. There is obviously variation from patient to patient in recovery.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

At two weeks I tell my patients not to rush back to exertion activity. I allow them to go back to light aerobics in most cases by about 3 weeks.

What to expect for activity in the second week after breast augmentation?

In the second week after breast augmentation, your incisions/surgical sites need time to heal and gain strength.  Walking and similar low impact exercises are ok for the second week.   Be sure that you are moving your arms through a full range of motion to avoid shoulder stiffness. You should be careful to avoid moderate to high impact exercises until advised by your plastic surgeon.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Different surgeons have different opinions

i let my patients go back to exercising the second week. however, you are not going to wantto do things that require you to bounce such as jogging or a cardio kick boxing class. you should also avoid heavy weights that work the chest muscles.
most of my runners start after 2.5-3 weeks. after 4-6 weeks you can do whatever you want.listen to your body - it will help tell you what you should be doing.it is normal to get weird shooting pains and electrical shock feelings as the breast healsand that does not mean that anything is wrong.
gradually increase your workouts and listen to your body and you should be fine.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon