I had an eye lid laceration on the mid part of my bot eyelid. The eye specialist put it together with sutures. (photo)

It's been two weeks after my eye lid laceration surgery and I've noticed a bump developing just around where the sutures were placed. My sutures have been removed. Should I be worried or is this part of healing process?

Dear Michaljesus, Not sure what the speciality was of the surgeon who repaired the laceration however you may want to seek a secondary opinion with an expert Oculoplastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon. In the interim see your surgeon for follow up and discuss your concerns. Revision surgery would need to wait several months from the day of the incident. Wishing you the best and quick healing. Regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Eyelid laceration scar

At this time, it is best to let things heal for 3 months. Scar revision can be considered at that time, if necessary. See link below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Early in the healing process

Hi. It's hard to answer your question without knowing more about your injury and how difficult the repair was. It can take quite a while to heal after an eyelid laceration. Follow up with your surgeon. Most surgeons wait at least 4-6 months before considering any additional surgery. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Ira Vidor, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid laceration follow-up

Definitely follow up with your eye surgeon who did the repair.  You appear also to have injured your brow at some point, which may benefit from revision as well.

Brent Moelleken, MD

This looks okay for now but it needs to heal.

Repairing an eyelid laceration is not like closing a surgically designed incision.  The lacerations often look rough as they heal and very commonly benefit from additional revisional work.  Follow your surgeons directions and let this heal for 6 to 12 months.  At the end of that time frame, if the eyelid or other scars are not satisfactory, consider revisional surgery at that time.

Eyelid laceration repair

It's a little hard to tell from the picture as I couldn't get a more close up view. It looks like you're still healing and can probably stop the antibiotic ointment now. I would follow up with your plastic surgeon just as a precaution. The main thing is that the structures of the lower eyelid line up properly. Once fully healed, in say 10-12 weeks, it can be reassessed to determine if any further work is needed. Scarring can be a problem. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon