275cc saline implant too small? Also i can only feel my left nipple, my right is numb is that normal? (photos)

Im 5'4 150lbs 30yrs old 2 kids not breastfed are they too small for my frame ? I had a breast lift with implants My boobs where way too saggy before and now they look like i wanted them to look bit im thinking if they are too small My surgery was 8/12/16

Breast to small

in general, a 275cc implant is on the smaller side; However, you and your surgeon should have had an extensive discussion regarding your size; every patient is different and every body type different; difficult to tell without seeing your whole body.

Breast lift and augmentation - worried five days after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.
  • You seem to be healing well so far.
  • Everyone always worries their implants are too small or too large.
  • You look fine now - let things heal.
  • If in six months you want to be bigger - that is fine.
  • But your surgeon was wise to use an implant on the smaller side when doing a lift at the same time -
  • Large implants are more likely to cause poor healing and infection.
  • Also large implants tend to make droopy breasts droop again -
  • Have confidence in your decision and in your surgeon, let yourself heal and then see what you think.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Am I too small?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Congratulations on your surgery.  It is too early to comment on the size.  It can take a few weeks to months for this to settle out.  It is very common for patients to have this concern.  In regards to the numbness, it would not be unusual to have numbness of the nipples, one or the other or both in the early post operative period.  Be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.  Good luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Too early

I would be patient with your results.  You and your surgeon made a decisions based on your preoperative goals.  You look like you are well on your way to having beautiful results.Nipple sensations may be different initially but usually will return to your preoperative state.Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

275cc saline implant too small? Also i can only feel my left nipple, my right is numb is that normal?

Congratulations on your recent surgery. I assume that you had a detailed conversation with your surgeon about your sizing goals in the office. I would continue to trust the decisions that you made before your surgery. It's too early to judge your final size, because the implants are still settling. Your size looks proportional for your body. Congratulations again.