Am I a good candidate for masseter Botox? (Photo)

I am only 18 and I will definitely get buccal fat removal in my twenties, but for now I think botox of the masseter is achieves similar results and it is a lot more affordable but I am not sure what makes a good candidate ? Thank you for any advice.

Am I a good candidate for masseter Botox?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an in-person assessment. 

Regards,

Masseter Muscle and Botox

You seem an excellent candidate for the masseter muscle injections for Botox.  Please consult an experienced board certified physician for the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Masseter Injections

Botox injections into your massesters may be an option. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine your best treatment options.

All the best. 

Botox Cosmetic® injections into the "teeth clenching", or masseter muscle, work well for elongating the face,  or making a round/square face oval or heart-shaped. As this is an advanced technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation!

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and facelift procedures.  From the photo your cheeks are flat anteriorly, there is some excess subcutaneous fat below the cheeks (buccal fat should not be removed as this can cause hollowness some years later).  The chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty men look ruggedly handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face. The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face. This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Masseter Botox would decrease the mandibular angle further, making your face less chiseled and therefore less attractive.

Hope this helps.

Botox to slim face

I think it will work even without the large masseters. It will reduce the size of the muscle regardless of its current size. I would give it a try. Use at least 20u per side.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Masseter and Botox

From looking at your pictures you do not have masseter hypertrophy and Botox would not help. You may actually consider some volume enhancement with filler such as Radiesse

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox for Masseter

Based on your pictures, you do not appear to have masseter muscle enlargement. What is most important is not a procedure but what your cosmetic goals are. At your age, I would recommend concentrating on skin health and proper nutrition before considering medical procedures to change the contour of your face which is still developing.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox - to slim face

Thank you for asking about your  masseter Botox.

• Botox into the masseter will reduce the muscle bulk, slimming the lower face.
  • Buccal fat removal removes fat in the cheeks.
  • Your photo does not show enlargement of the masseter -
  • But to find out if it might be helpful, an examination is best.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.