Underneath scar is red, painful and weeping nearly 4 weeks post op, is this normal? (photos)

The under scar of my right breast is painful to touch, is weeping clear (and a little bit yellow) fluid, and is getting quite red. I'm 3 weeks and 5 days post op. I haven't experienced anything like this so far in my post op recovery so would just like to know if this is normal or should I ring the clinic tomorrow? I've washed and dried the scar but am a little bit worried to put my support bra on in case it hurts. Also is it better to air it out or should I put some dressings on? Thanks

Underneath scar is red, painful and weeping nearly 4 weeks post op, is this normal?

Greetings

Thank you for your question i advise that you contact your surgeon as soon as possible for follow up and check up.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Wound Drainage

Weeping yellow fluid and generalized redness of an incision is decidedly abnormal. This requires IMMEDIATE consultation with your surgeon. At the very least, if all you had was a lift or reduction, you need specific wound care and antibiotics. If you also had implants, you may need implant removal.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Incision Concerns

Thank you for your question. Concerning Incision changes and signs of infection should be addressed in person with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.
Take care

Post op complications

Hi. This is not normal healing. You don't say if you have implants or not, but you appear to have an infection that will need to be managed as a matter of some urgency by your doctor, so I suggest you contact them ASAP.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Drainage

This is not normal, and you should discuss with your surgeon.  They will best advise you when to be seen and how to proceed.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon