Do I need 1 or 2 syringes of Juvederm? (photos)

I do not like the shape of my upper lip. I want it to be more pouty and less pointy. I definitely want them to be a lot fuller than they currently are but I'm unsure if I should do 1 or 2 syringes.

Juvederm in Lips

I will always advise my patients to start with 1 syringe and then add more as needed. With Juvederm placed in the lips, you can expect possible bruising and some swelling that can last several days. I would give it a week or so until all swelling has disperced and then add more if so desired.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for fuller lips

Standard procedure is to inject a syringe at a time. Give it about 2 weeks to settle in, and then decide if you would like anymore or not. Placing 2 into the lips at once gives prolonged and significant swelling. Also, you want to be sure that your lips aren't way out of proportion to your small face.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fuller Lips

Greetings,

Less is always more when it comes to injecting the lips. The fillers on the market that are used for lip injections hold water like a sponge, which helps to maintain that pouty look over the life of the filler. Starting with 1 syringe is a good place to begin, especially if you have never had filler before.

Schedule a consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in lip injections. Lip injections really do require a keen eye for detail!

Best of luck to you!

David Goldberg, MD

Juvederm to lips

Start with one syringe and you can always add more later.  It is much better to look natural than overdone. Make sure to see an experienced injector.
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip injections

Based on the photos your provided I would recommend starting with a single syringe for your first injection and then you can always re-assess for the possibility of a second injection. Your lips seem fairly full as they are and I rarely find the need to use more than 1cc of filler for lip injections. A consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is recommended to properly examine your lips and discuss the best option to achieve the result you are looking for. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

I always start with 1 syringe (Juvederm or Restylane Silk) and add more if needed in the future. It is best to be conservative because it is easier to add more then deal with treating overfilled lips by dissolving the hyaluronic acid. In addition, your lips already have a nice shape and good volume, I would be surprised if you need more than 1 syringe. I recommend treatment with a board certified dermatologist. Take care.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

How many syringes of filler do I need for lip augmentation?

This is a very common question that many patients thinking of lip augmentation with fillers ask.

Personally, I would not inject more than one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane in your lips to start with. That should be more than enough to give you the pouty/ full look that you desire. You can always add more later if you wanted to.

More is not always better when it comes to cosmetic procedures! Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face.

Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need 1 or 2 syringes of Juvederm?

Thank you for your question and photographs. I would recommend starting with a single syringe of Juvederm and allowing your results to mature over the next 2-4 weeks, adding more if you deem it necessary. Best to make changes in appearance as a gradual process rather than in a single procedure. Hope this helps.

Upper Lip and Juvederm

I would begin with one syringe of Juvederm and see how you like it.  You can always add more in a week or so if you think you need more volume.  Best, Dr. Green