I just had a baby a year ago and have a lot of baby fat left over I'm not sure about what the specific areas are called. (photo)

but I'm sure it can be determined by the pictures I have a small muffin top when I wear my jeans or any type of pants and I have bra fat as and I have pouch in the front that prevents me from having the flat stomach I've been trying to get back I've done many different a workout and see small results but still don't see the results I want I'm basically looking for prices at this moment I'm located in Florida but in willing to travel if there's a more affordable area

Liposuction After Pregnancy

Liposuction is a body-contouring procedure that removes fat under the skin to address trouble spots throughout the body. The access incisions are small, however, the trade off is that liposuction does not address any excess skin or any muscle laxity. The overall success of liposuction depends on the skin retracting back after the fat is removed. The ideal candidates are young patients with good quality, elastic skin who are at their ideal weight and targeting stubborn areas resistant to diet and exercise. After having children, liposuction alone is typically not enough to reduce the bulge - the muscles often need to be tightened and the excess skin needs to be removed. You, however, may be an exception. 

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Liposuction one year after pregnancy.

You should do well with liposuction. Particularly in the flank area the results should be rewarding. After pregnancy abdominal prominence may be due to more than fat but physical examination would be necessary to establish this. Expect to pay 1000 $1500 per area depending on the type of anesthesia.

Liposuction for baby fat

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction can definitely slim down your flanks and some of your lower tummy.
  • But after a baby, that lower tummy fullness is also from loose skin and muscle -
  • So liposuction may not give you the flat tummy you had before the baby.
  • Once you finish having your family, you will need a tummy tuck to get that tight tummy once again.
  • If you do not plan more children, you should consider a tummy tuck with liposuction now.
  • A consultation will give you your best advice as to what to do.
  • Long distance consultations can be arranged by my practice and most others, but generally it's better to have your surgery near home so you are near your surgeon for follow-up
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

This can be treated with liposuctoin but may require skin removal if there is a lot of loose skin. I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I just had a baby a year ago and have a lot of baby fat left over I'm not sure about what the specific areas are called.

You might be a GREAT candidate for just liposuction &/or a mini TT with liposuction. I prefer SmartLipoTriplex + Lipo..

Liposuction is a great option

After studying your pictures, I believe liposuction could help you accomplish your aesthetic goals.  Childbearing frequently creates some loosening of the muscles of the abdomen and stretches the skin.  However, your muscles and skin really appear to be in good shape.  Additionally, you have maintained a healthy weight during and after your pregnancy.  Congratulations on that - not everybody is able to do that!  As you pointed out, the issue is the few stubborn areas of fat that can be accentuated by pants and bras and are very resistant to diet and exercise.  This is precisely what liposuction is designed to treat.  As you only have a moderate amount of excess fatty tissue with good tone to your overlying skin, I believe liposuction alone can provide you with excellent contour by defining your waist and dramatically reducing the muffin top, bra fat, and pooch.  I wish you the very best as you find the surgeon and treatment plan that are right for you.

Tummy after childbearing

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  You have developed weakening of the muscles and have excess skin of the abdomen after your child.  If you are done having children, a tummy tuck would be good option.  Hope that helps.  

Muffin top and pooch

From your description and your photos, you appear to be a candidate for an excellent result from a skillfully-performed liposuction. Your skin does not look excessive and the tone/elasticity "seems" good. This along with the fact that the amount of excess fat is really not large contributes to your being an excellent candidate.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  If you are at your goal weight - a wait that your are comfortable at and can maintain - it appears that you would be an excellent liposuction candidate.  Liposuction will permanently reduce the amount of adipose tissue in your abdomen and waist, helping you return to your pre-pregnancy figure. It is important that your skin tone is assessed, to ensure that your skin will shrink following the procedure. Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Baby fat one year post

This is not unusual.you have extra fat around your flanks and abdomen and probably would be  amenable to some outpatient liposuctionDiet and exercise is the first choice but sometimes frustrating.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon