I had injections in cheek area and lip area. 12 days ago. Now have a tender lump under my right ear. Should I worry?

Tender lump under the ear after facial filler injections

A tender lump under the ear or on the neck after an injection procedure on the face is likely an inflamed lymph node. Lymph nodes are part of the drainage and immune system. They may be inflamed for a number of reasons including fighting an infection. I would recommend returning to the doctor who performed your injection so they can examine you. Safety comes first. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

Cheek augmentation shouldn't cause any internal ear issues.  I suggest you see your general physician and your MD who performed the procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lump after filler

Since this is tender and is not in the exact area of injection it could be a lymph node that might indicate infection. follow up with your doctor to get appropriate treatment

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lump under ear after filler...

Thank you for your question.  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist who injected you as soon as possible.  This can be due to many causes, but the most concerning would be infection that would need to be treated by oral antibiotics.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon