SculpSure follow hysterectomy. Any suggestions?

I had SculpSure done in May. In June I had a hysterectomy (both laparoscopic and c-section due to complications). How long do I have to wait post hysterectomy before I can have my second treatment? I am fully healed and the doctor has released me for all activity. I am still slightly swollen which is my only complication at this point. I am anxious to have the second treatment as we have a beach vacation over Thanksgiving and a special event in early January.

Second SculpSure treatment

I would wait until all the swelling has resolved from the the abdominal surgery before the next SculpSure treatment, probably another month.  The area to be treated needs to have sensation, so if you are numb in this area, you will need to either not treat this area or wait for the sensation to return.Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You should ask your surgeon if they believe that you are ready for SculpSure. It is best to wait until all of the swelling has subsided. Meanwhile, you should next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose office has the SculpSure equipment. Keep in ind that you are still within the horizons for your late November and early January dates with the 6-12 week post op horizon with SculpSure. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs and exam

Your physician will examine you and determine the softness of your tissues for Sculpsure.  Deep healing will also be evaluated.  Flanks or love handles should be fine now if they are away from incisions.  Abdominal areas will need an evaluation as they are nearer the surgery.

SculpSure and Post Results -- Add Vanquish and Cellutone

I suggest adding vanquish and cellutone to your sculpsure you will get even better outcomes.  Please see an expert .  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure After Hysterectomy

Assuming no healing complications, and complete return of skin sensation, SculpSure treatments can be started around 12 weeks.

After hysterectomy

I believe your surgery involved a laparoscopic (belly button) surgery plus a lower abdominal incision for complications (pfannenstiel incision). The lower incision takes 1-2 years to fully mature in appearance but it is not necessary to wait that long. Under the skin, the fat and abdominal wall was lifted to open the belly and then put back. I would not do SculpSure there for 4-6 months but you could do other areas around them. Numbness above the incision would be a no-no since pain is a necessary feedback sensation to set the energy level on the laser. My opinion might not be that of others, but 40+ years of GYN surgery makes my answer at least experienced.

SculpSure Treatment Timing

Thank you for your question. I am glad to hear that you are healing up well. I would advise at least waiting 3 months after your procedure just to ensure that the swelling has fully (or close to fully) resolved. I would also avoid having the treatment placed directly on the incision line - the only caveat is that due to your recent surgery you may not be able to fully feel the treatment due to some residual numbness. I would recommend using the same settings that you used the first time, provided you tolerated it well, to ensure that the energy level isn't too high. Best of luck! 

SculpSure After Surgery

After a surgery the area operated on, similar to an area treated with Sculpsure, has to heal.  That process takes at least three months.  If at around four to six weeks after the surgery, enough healing as taken place to go back to your activities but when there is still swelling present I would not recommend your second treatment yet.  Consult with your treating physician for the SculpSure and have them examine you prior to going in for that second treatment.

Depends on which are you are treating

It is not uncommon to have some mild swelling in the proximity of the incision sites for several months after surgery. I certainly think it is ok to move forward with Sculpsure for your upcoming beach vacation in November (remember it may take up to 12 weeks to see results). I would stay away from the incision areas and focus on the swimsuit visuals. Try on the suit that you want to wear and bring that in with you to the doctor. It may end up being the flanks etc that you want to treat with Sculpsure.

How long to wait for next SculpSure treatment?

Thanks for your question. I hope you are recovering well. I recommend you wait about 3 months to recover from your sugary before having your next SculpSure treatment. At that point, most of your post-hysterectomy swelling should be gone. I recommend you discuss this with your Ob-Gyn as well as the physician treating you with SculpSure. I hope this helps.