How long does it take for Juvederm to start disappearing naturally (without using hyaluronidase)?

I had Juvederm injections last week to the area around my chin and it looks worse. I don't have bumps but more like uneven patches of Juvederm that are raised and make my chin look doughy. My question is how long will it take for the Juvederm to start to disappear? Also, will massaging it at this point help break down the Juvederm faster? Anything else that might make it go away faster (other than hyaloronidase)?

Juvederm longevity

Depending on the area juvederm can last anywhere from 6 months to a year.  I suggest if you are unhappy with your results use the hyaluronidase and have it dissolved.  There is very low risk to using it.

Dissolving Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your question. The two things that can help in this situation are hyaluronidase and time. Massage may help, but after a couple of weeks it does not seem to do much, as the product is mostly integrated into your own tissue. Please see an expert for treatment. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Dissolving Juvederm Naturally

Dear ccmomlucy, Juvederm typically lasts around six months depending on the area of injection and the patient. Massaging at this time will not help expedite it dissolving. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Juvederm lasts 6-12 months in most people. I suggest seeing an expert if you are unhappy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm in the chin

The Juvederm will last at least six months.  Massaging it now will not help it dissolve more quickly.  Hyaluronidase will dissolve it immediately.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial Fillers and how long it lasts

Facial fillers with the name Juvederm and Restylane are made from hyaluronic acid. Currently, each brand has 3 formulations that vary in thickness. In addition to the formulation, the location where it is injected can influence how long it lasts. Duration can be as short as 3 months and as long as 2 years. I recommend asking your doctor exactly which filler and what locations it will be used. They can also tell you how long it will last. These are all good details to know before receiving future injections. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Longevity in Face

Juvederm lasts approximately 9 months to one year which is a little longer than Restylane in the same area.  It will slowly reabsorb after several months but can take that period of time to be completely gone.  Best, Dr. Green

Hi there, Juvederm starts going away on its own from the day you get it injected. At about 3-4 months you'll see a 50% reduction. Generally the more the area moves the faster the Juvederm goes away. There are no proven home or homeopathic remedies for dissolving Juvederm without hyaloronidase.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician