Looking for a doc that specializes in the tip of the nose. What do you think about my nose? (Photo)

I have large nostrils and a fat tip I also dnt like how the center thing drops down lol I am hesitant about about getting work done because it would have to be done perfect and the nose is a main focal point on the face and I'm not trying to change my apparence just smooth them out if that makes sense I dnt want to look like I got a nose job...

Looking for a doc that specializes in the tip of the nose. What do you think about my nose?

Hello Mspriss88,
Thanks for your question.
Tip surgery in isolation is a procedure best left to those who specialize in rhinoplasty surgery.
It is a common procedure in my practice and is often performed in an office setting using oral sedation and local anesthesia.
Looking at your nose, it is obvious that you have malposition of your lower lateral cartilages that account for the "fat" tip and the hang in your columella (the "center thing [that] drops down...).
A surgeon who knows how to accurately reposition your tip cartilages will help you obtain a harmonized result that fits in with the rest of your nose and face naturally.
I recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist locally in the Bay area to discuss your options.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dear MSpriss88

It is important to do your research first and have good understanding of options for tip surgery. You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and your tip width, height and shape can be modofied so it fits better within your nose and with your face.
Look for an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Thank you for your pictures and your questions.  After examining your pictures, we can refine your tip to make it less bulbous and slightly more feminine.  As you may know, facial plastic surgery is about improving your existing features and not making them perfect.  Also, rhinoplasty surgery takes time to heal.  We tell patients it will take 1 year for 75-80% of the swelling to resolve and for you to see the final result will take approximately 1 year, so you will need to be patient.  Our practice is located in Saratoga, CA and feel free to call and make an appointment.
Otherwise, best of luck to you!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

There is no perfect nose. The nostrils can be reduced with an alar plasty. There is no fat in the nasal tip, just cartilages which can be adjusted to make the tip smaller. The cartilages can be adjusted, but only anticipate a couple millimeters of change. For many examples, please see the link and the video below