I need to know how much money and how many sessions it would take to get rid of my tattoo? (photos)

I made a huge mistake going behind my parents back and getting another tattoo and I can't have them find out. I got a small 4 leaf clover done on my chest and need it gone ASAP. I understand I need to wait around a month before getting laser treatment but I am 18 and don't have much money to throw around. I just need to know how many sessions it would take and roughly how much money I will be forced to give up. I almost forgot to mention but it is just the outline.

PicoSure Sessions & Price

Thank you for your question. Sorry that you are unhappy with your tattoo. You have to wait at least 6 months before you can start treatment. The PicoSure laser is a great laser for tattoo removal. There are many factors that determine how many sessions of the PicoSure will be effective for your tattoo removal. Although black is an easy ink color to remove, it can take longer deepening on how densely the tattoo was placed. Typically it takes 3-6 treatments of the PicoSure laser to fully remove a tattoo and some patients have required up to 12 sessions. Sometimes this can’t be fully determined until the patient has undergone treatment. The price for the procedure varies according to factors such as the size and number of sessions needed. I suggest you get a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician that is familiar with PicoSure. 

Picosecond laser for tattoo removal

Thank you for your question.  A picosecond laser is going to be your best option and will require the least treatments.  It can be difficult too predict how many treatments you will need but for black tattoos I have been able to remove them in as few as 4 treatments.
Good Luck!

Sejal Shah, MD

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

You can begin the tattoo removal process at any time. Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome depending on your response and the technology. Please see a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years. Cost depends on the technology and location. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is very hard to predict

It is very hard to predict which tattoos respond very quickly and which ones take more treatments as all tattoos are placed by different artists with different types of ink and some artists use more ink than others.  Your tattoo looks pretty straightforward to treat and with a Picosure Laser I would estimate about 4-6 treatments.  Older tattoo lasers used by many practices might take 10-15 treatments so when looking at cost you need to look at what type of machine is being used and thus guesstimate how many treatments it will take.  I would encourage you to get an in person consultation to learn more about laser tattoo removal.  Good luck!