What type of neck lift? (Photo)

I'm 53 years old in the last few years oI have developed a turkey wattle. What's the best procedure to take care of that. I don't have that many wrinkles on my face it's just my neck.

Best Approached to Jowls and Neck

Thank you for your question.  Looking at your photo, you may be a good candidate for Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time. The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime. For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required. Tightening of the platysma muscle (also known as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscles on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches. The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck and are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. Fractional Lazer will not really give the results you seem after.
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve
All The Best 

Best approach to a 'turkey' neck

Thank you for your question about your neck lift.

You have a lovely face - and two good options:
  1. A carefully done neck lift to repair the muscle, remove all the excess fat in the neck and along the jaw and tighten the skin.
  2. Or having that done along with a face lift - the neck lift is simply extended into the face.
  3. You will probably get the nicer result from the combined face and neck lift.
  4. But both are reasonable choices.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

What should I do about my neck?

Hi Icowan, you have fullness under the chin as well as muscle laxity and jowling. Your most effective option would be to combine a facelift with a necklift. This would contour your neck and jawline and create a more natural, youthful appearance. An isolated necklift can be beneficial, however the residual jowling usually detracts from the improvement gained from just having a necklift.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Type of Neck Lift needed.

From the photos, a lower face/neck lift is needed and would be easy to undergo under local with a little iv sedation to make a huge improvement for roughly $9800 on special..

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Full Facelift/Necklift is best option

Dear icowan, At the age of 53 many patients experience laxity in their faces and certainly the neck starts developing laxity as well. Personally, I believe a  combined procedure of facelift/necklift is ideal. This will help reposition the tissues, tighten the muscles and remove any fatty deposits allowing you a natural looking more youthful appearance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

What Kind of Facelift?

You need at least a neck lift. However, depending on the laxity of your skin and underlying muscles in your face I would discuss the possibility of a full facelift after examining you.

Ultherapy For Neck Lifts

Thank you for your question. Ultherapy is a great noninvasive procedure to solve “turkey neck” that also has no downtime. Many celebs and patients love this technology due to its advanced ultrasound imaging. The benefits of using this technology also helps stimulate your own skin’s collagen production, which takes up to six months to see the most natural and noticeable results. Here is a video that addresses all the concerns on how Ultherapy works. Best, Dr. Ostad.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Necklift

Thank you for the photos and question and you would benefit from a necklift and platysmaplasty

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What type of neck lift?

The best approach is for a combined lift of the lower face as well as the neck. These are not operations for wrinkles, but rather to reposition tissues that have moved with age and that is evident in your face as well as the neck.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Turkey Neck, Heavy Tissues

You don't have much of a turkey waddle fortunately.  I've got patients with much much more turkey showing.  What you need to realize about your neck is that it looks very good for your age.  This is because you have thick, dense tissues which age very well.  Patients such as yourself, counterintuitively, actually need a little bit more of a significant lift to achieve impressive, natural and long lasting results.  Muscle pull such as in SMAS plication or platysmal plication tends to fail on dense tissue necks after about 3 years.  A deep plane lift with platysmal release and repositioning will give you the longest lasting and most natural look with the most definition along the jawline, jowls and neck.  Best of luck to you!

Ben Talei, MD