Pros & Cons about a Breast Augmentation?

Pros and cons of Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many pros and cons to every surgery. However, after you meet with your surgeon you will better understand the benefits and risks given your specific situation. Overall, breast augmentation is the single most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedure, as most people feel the improvement is well worth the risk. Your question would take up pages to answer here so I would start by Googling your question and then see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to address your specific questions. 

*Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam which is recommended. 

The low down on Breast Augmentation Surgery

In the past 25 years I have done thousands of breast augmentation surgery's. It is one of the most common surgeries that I perform. 

Women seek breast augmentation surgery for several reasons. They may want to restore breast volume that has been lost as a result of pregnancy and breast feeding. They may want to restore volume after major weight loss. They may want to balance out breasts that are two different sizes. They may want to augment underdeveloped breasts. They may have had a mastectomy and are seeking to reconstruct their breast or breasts. Whatever the goal, each of my patients has their own set of reasons that is unique and personal to them.

The benefits of a breast augmentation often goes far beyond just appearance. It can go a long way in boosting self-esteem. Such psychological effects are immeasurable. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that breast augmentation surgery has a 95% satisfaction rate.

One common misconception is that women seeking breast augmentation surgery are seeking enormous breasts. I have not found this to be the case. Generally, women coming to me for an augmentation are seeking a well proportioned contour and outcome.

Another common misconception is that breast implants look fake. Some implants DO look fake. When the wrong size of implant is used, or the wrong type of implant is used or placement of the implant is incorrect, they can look obvious and fake. Achieving a natural look depends on several factors. It starts with the initial patient consultation. I let my patients tell me what type of look they want to achieve. From there I take into consideration their frame, the size of implant, the style of implant and the placement of the implant. I discuss the options available and which options will give them the look they are seeking. I like to empower my patients. By giving them correct information they can then make their best and most informed decision.

A word of warning. It does matter who does your surgery. I can’t stress this enough. Over the past 25 years I have had many women come to me to fix botched procedures that they have had done by untrained, unskilled and unqualified doctors. I have seen implants that were placed too high or too low. I have seen implants that have been placed too far apart or too close together. I have seen implants put in upside down and backwards. I have seen patients left with deformed nipples and horrible scars. All because they trusted a doctor who had no formal training in doing breast augmentation surgery. If flying out of the country or going to a doctor offering you bargain basement prices seems too good to be true, it probably is. Do your homework when choosing a surgeon because you may end up making a decision you will regret for the rest of your life. You can find a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area by going to American Society of Plastic Surgeons webpage at : find.plastissurgery.org

Pros and Cons for Breast Augmentation

There are health and safety considerations for any medical procedure. Your whole health picture, your goals and options should all be discussed in detail with your Plastic Surgeon as well as procedure-specific risks and considerations. I recommend that you seek board certified Plastic Surgeons to consult with.

All the best

Pros and cons of breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question.  This is obviously a very important question and the answer is much longer than the scope of a simple Q&A on Realself. I would highly recommend that you follow up with a board-certified plastic surgeon in person to discuss the pros and cons of breast augmentation as they relate to you and your goals and expectations. Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation

While there are many obvious pros to undergoing breast augmentation, you should be aware that there are cons as well. Those include the need to replace the implants in 10-20 years, possibility of bleeding or infection after surgery, and later on, the possibility of thickening capsule around the implants causing pain and hardness. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the good and bad about the operation. Good Luck!

Breast Augmentation

Thankyou for your question. In the right hands, patient satisfaction is very high. I have lectured nationally and internationally on breast augmentation. It's important that you go to a board certified plastic surgeon. I have mothers that are previous patients of mine, who now refer their daughters for surgery. Patients tell me their self esteem goes up significantly after surgery. I invented the bloodless breast enlargement and I utilize the HALPERN breast lighted retractor. Bruising is typically absent. Recovery is fairly quick versus traditional technique. For more information please see the enclosed video and I hope you find this helpful. 

Breast augmentation

In my opinion, the two biggest concerns with breast augmentation are capsular contracture and long term result.  Augmentation which is too aggressive in terms of size can result in descent of the implant called bottoming out.

There's a lot of information online re/ the procedure you're interested in. It is a very broad question which requires in person exam/ consultation . Be sure to seek an experienced Board Certified PS

Pros and Cons of a Breast Augmentation

This is a very broad question with many answers. To summarize, it is the most popular surgical cosmetic procedure in the U.S. Most women are vert saisfied with the results as long as they are doing it for themselves to improve their  body image and feel better and more confident in and out of clothing. Surgery involves risks, and although rarely are there complications, one must be aware of them and that they could occur. A board certified plastic surgeon should have a comprehensive consultation with you to assess the benefits and risks.

Pros and cons of breast implants

Hello vav00m. I will give you 5 of each.

The Pros: Improves size, symmetry, cleavage, ability to wear tops, and self-esteem.

The Cons: Requires anesthesia, involves uncertainty, there's pain, involves risks, and requires maintenance. 

Despite being an "imperfect" operation, breast augmentation has an extremely high satisfaction rate. You can see my before and after photo gallery to get an idea of the results which can be achieved.

Best, Dr. ALDO :)