One of my Suture Lines from my Breast Augmentation Has a Pucker in It. Will It Heal This Way? (photo)

One of my Suture Lines from my Breast Augmentation Has a Pucker in It. Will It Heal This Way?

Yes it should. But what concerns me more is the location/placement of the incision. why so high on the inferior pole of the breast?? Was your surgeon a board certified Plastic Surgeon? 

Pucker in Suture Line from my Breast Augmentation

It's fairly common for puckers and irregular contours at this relatively early stage (which is what it appears to be as you still have bruising) to settle down on their own over time.  I would not be overly concerned with the way this looks now, assuming everything else is okay.  You should, of course, look to your own PS for guidance on this and other issues.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Puckering at suture line

It is unclear from your question exactly how far post op you are.  A lot of that puckering that is seen in the first few weeks flattens with time.  If it does not this is a very easy fix with a 5 minute office touch up.  Good luck.

Scar formation following surgery

I would expect that a scar revision will be needed in the future.  It seems somewhat early in the healing process, but irregularity of that type is not acceptable to me. 

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Scar puckering is temporary

This type of scar puckering is relatively normal and will change over time.  Continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  You will find that the scar will change over the first year.

Occurring along the suture line will resolve as swelling subsides.

The picture is fairly characteristic of a healing incision. Contour irregularities will flatten as swelling subsides.

Puckered suture line

The wound looks very early as the sutures are still in place.  They usually settle down and will need to just give it some time.  When the sutres are removed your surgeon will give you some advice regarding scar managment which normally includes pressure dressing such as tape, silicon and massage.

All the best

Stephen Salerno

Dear Newdawn,

Thank you for your question and photo.  The incision will most likely heal flat as the suture knot is cut and the suture disolves.  This may take a few months.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will It Heal This Way?

Chances are that as the suture dissolves and the scar matures this will look like a normal incision. All the best. 

Concern over Suture Line

Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon during your recovery.  Schedule an exam to discuss your concerns.  Without an exam, I cannot determine if there is a problem with your suture line.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD