Mild Atypical Mole further treatment advice?

I had a mole removed that the pathology report says "Melanocytic Nevus Lentiginous compound dysplastic type w/ mild cytological atypical & features congenital onset." The Dr who did the shave left a bad scar and some of the mole is left. I got a 2nd opinion, but he wants to do a deeper shave or even recommended excision. It has been 5mo & I haven't noticed any changes & conflicted from what I read online if it is necessary to further treat it. I am worried about the scar getting worse.

Treatment of a mildly atypical mole.

In my office, for a mildly atypical mole we will initially not do additional surgery, despite what has been incorrectly recommended by Dr. Shureih. We observe the area and, if any pigmentation recurs in the biopsy site in the future, a very small excision is done (often with a small punch biopsy tool) for a minimal scar. We also follow all of our "atypical mole" patients by doing full skin examinations every six months. There are many recent references, including comprehensive reviews, in the dermatology literature to support this point of view. Any physician who treats all atypical moles the same is doing the patient a disservice.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mild Atypical Mole further treatment

Atypical mole needs to be excised full thickness with a margin of normal tissue.

Will leave a scar. Scar is your least worry. Proper treatment is important.

When in Doubt, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be removed again with lasers, radiowave or shave. Any subsequent scarring could be treated with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers. Best, Dr. Emer