Is cool sculpting right for me?

I had traditional lipo done in 2008 on my tummy. I love the results, but it just seems that my tummy is blubbery/loose. I am a clean eater, i exercise, and have maintained my weight for several years. I can see my ab muscles, sort of. If my stomach was tighter they would be showing very well. Is cool sculpting for me? If not, then what would work?

The ideal candidates for CoolSculpting are normal-weight men and women with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. It would be difficult to tell if you fall in this category until you have been examined in person. My advice is to get in contact with a qualified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation, so he/she can advise you with a treatment plan that best suits your body and your lifestyle.

To be a good candidate for CoolSculpting, it’s also important for you to have realistic expectations about what the procedure can do for you. While CoolSculpting is great for fat it doesn't treat skin laxity, however there are other non-invasive options for skin tightening in the abdominal area, including ThermiTight. Whichever procedure you decide on, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them carefully with your surgeon.

Is cool sculpting right for me?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without assessing you. I would recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. An in-person assessment is always best-.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Candidate

It is hard to say if you are a candidate without assessing you in person.  If fat is the only real problem, then CoolSculpting can minimize that.  If you have looser skin in the abdomen, you may need another procedure to address that.  It is great that you have maintained your weight because it is best to keep a stable weight when doing cosmetic procedures.  It sounds like you would be the ideal candidate as long as it is a stubborn fat bulge and not just loose skin.  Check with a board certified plastic surgeon at a Certified CoolSculpting practice for best options and treatment plan. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Candidate for CoolSculpting?

It is not possible to say for sure whether you are a good CoolSculpting candidate without performing a physical examination, but there are some general guidelines when considering whether a patient may benefit from the procedure. It sounds like you are in good overall health and are at or near your optimal weight, which is important for CoolSculpting patients. It is important to know that CoolSculpting targets fat alone. It isn't a skin tightening procedure, so your skin needs to be elastic enough to "shrink to fit" the new contours created by the treatment. Choose a board-certified specialist and discuss the various fat reduction options during an in-person consultation.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting

It would be best for you to get an in person consult to see if you are a good candidate.  The ideal candidate is someone with a fat pocket and  firm skin and not a lot of skin laxity. It sounds like you are interested in tightening of the skin, which there are better procedure for that such as Thermage. The best approach would be to get a consult to go over your options on which procedure would be best to help you reach your goals. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Is cool sculpting right for me?

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. In general Coolsculpting works well with patients who are normal weight and has some pockets of stubborn fat with minimal skin laxity. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate. Good luck.

Cool Sculpt Following Lipo years later

If you have a healthy weight and need a small amount of improvement then it is worth seeking a consult in your area for options. I would go somewhere that is reputable over seen by a board certified plastic surgeon. The RN should evaluate if it's fat or just skin and give you an honest opinion. Here are some of our practice results if this helps you decide.

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definition Liposuction

You likely need a revision hi definition liposuction procedure but I suggest posting photos.  small areas can be improved with coolsculpting but will not do much for contouring without a numerous amount of treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting does not tighten loose skin

If it is loose skin, then you may want to consider a tightening procedure such as Ultherapy or the new Profound treatment which is injectable radio frequency.  Thermitight may also be an option. These procedures are non invasive to minimally invasive and there is very little down time.  However these procedures are applicable with someone with minimal laxity. Any significant laxity should be treated in conjunction with consultation with a plastic surgeon and consideration for an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Is coolsculpting right for me

Hard to tell without examining you but it sounds like extra skin may be part of the problem which is not treated at all with CoolSculpting. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation of your options. Tummy tuck may be in your future. Good luck.  

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon