Through exercise I have my abdomen back. It has been hell developing my pecs with weights. Has all the fat moved?

I am now 55. I had a wonderful Dr. Ball (retired) do my abdomen and stomach liposuction. I put on 60 lbs. Lost 50. My pecs are "breasts" and very hard to get rid of now. Has the fat moved? I am lifting and exercising. I don't want to have to lipo my pecs. Also my lower ab muscles are in constant pain from sit-ups and scrunches is this from the old surgery? Thank You Raymond

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- BREASTS

I suggest seeing an expert , as you age the body shifts its proportion of fat and you may be holding in areas you didnt hold before given your weight fluctuations.  A VASER contouring procedure can give you a better contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction for a 55 yo man?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am so sorry you gained weight after liposuction - but excellent news that you have almost lost it now.
  • The tissue on the male chest does change with time -
  • You may need additional liposuction but first see if you can lose the last 10 pounds.
  • If your lower abdomen is in constant pain, you might need to modiy your work out.
  • I suggest you consult a trainer for advice on what exercises to do to -
  • Liposuction should not cause exercise pain and constant pain suggests an imbalanced work out.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pecs

As we age, our testosterone decreases and estrogens are then relatively higher. This can contribute to "man boobs". Even with testosterone supplementation, some may be converted to estrogens and require an estrogen blocker to better balance the ratio. Liposuction and/or direct excision of this tissue is a common procedure we do. In unusual circumstances, there may be so much poorly elastic skin that a skin excision is required. You would need an exam to best determine your options.I suspect your abdominal soreness is due to your exercises. Remember, crunches and sit-ups strengthen and thicken your abs/waist but are not the best for flattening. Planks, leg raises etc are best for flattening.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD