After implant removal and lift, can I have a C cup? (Photo)

I am a DD with saline implants, that are 10 years old. I think implant size was 500 or 550 CC....... I was B / C before implants. What size would I likely be after removal of implants & lift? Is C cup possible?

After implant removal and lift, can I have a C cup?

Thank you for the question and picture. Online consultants will not be able to, with any degree of accuracy, predict exactly what cup size you will end up utilizing after breast implant removal/lifting removal surgery.  Remember as you consider the operation that cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another;  I do not recommend that patients base their communication on achieving a specific cup size.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will be helpful. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Options After Implant Removal

It would be hard to tell, however if you consider the use of fat transfer then it is more likely that you can have the result you desire. If you have been considering a Breast Lift or improving your appearance after breast augmentation  but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture. See the below link for more information.

Implant removal and lift

Hello Emmy201511-
If your breast are soft, you should be able to compress/squeeze your own tissue in front of the implant and get an idea about how much of your own tissue would remain after a breast lift (mastopexy). It appears, from the one photo that you show, that you might well have enough tissue remaining (after implants are removed) to still be a mid to full C cup with a lift to consolidate your remaining tissue. Your surgeon should be able to help you with this assessment in person.
Good luck to you.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Since your implants have been in for long, some of your own tissue has thinned, especially with large implants of that size. Your surgeon can help show you how much tissue you still have. You might want to consider going to a smaller implant or even fat transfer.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Size after removal

The impact of having the large implants over time is that the skin has stretched and you've likely lost some breast volume over the years.  After removal and a lift you would likely have a flat small breast.  A C cup is not what I'd anticipate.  I would recommend considering downsizing your implants with the lift.  The implant can then provide you with some volume and good shape to your breast so you don't appear flattened.  With a smaller implant and the lift you could achieve your goal of a C cup.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Size after removal

The skin has stretched to accommodate the implants and you may have decreased breast tissue volume that occurs naturally with aging.  It is unlikely that you'll maintain a C cup after removal of implants and a lift.  You may opt for a smaller implant to help achieve the look you want.

Camille Cash, MD

Implant removal

After implant removal you will have sagging skin and deflated breasts.  If you want a C cup you will most likely downsize and perform a lift.