2 weeks after tummy tuck, stomach doesn't look right. Is my body healing slow, or is this something else? (Photo)

I got a momy make over and got done breast augmentation, tummy tuck (with muscle repair) and full back lipo. I had some issues with my blood having to get three transfusions a day after surgery. Doctor says I didn't lose a great amount of blood. When I went into surgery I was a 12.8 when I the transfusions I was a 6. Now I'm doing better but is my body healing slow or is this something else. I keep thinking it's just all the issues I have had but my stomach doesn't look like anyone else's.

Healing

Thank you for your question and photos.  At only two weeks post-op, it is nearly impossible to tell what you will look like at about three months into the healing process.  Swelling should go down and the incision should heal.  Please be patient and contact your operating surgeon regarding any healing questions you might have.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

2 Weeks after a Tummy Tuck

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Healing

Wait 3 months before deciding if you are happy with your results. You are still very early on in your healing process and swollen. If you have major healing concerns, consult your surgeon.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Healing

You are still very early in your healing phase and need to give yourself time to heal and let the swelling subside. The bruising will go away and the puckers will smooth down in time. Your surgeon was trying to minimize the length of your scar. Be sure to keep all your follow up visits with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after severe bleeding from tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

• I am sorry you needed transfusions - the amount of surgery you had can at times cause more bleeding than it seems -
  • You clearly did lose blood given your hemoglobin the day after surgery.
  • Your photos don't seem unusual given the swelling - the puckering will subside. It is the result of the incision being kept short.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Healing slowly after makeover

Hello, if you are referring to the puckering of your incision this is common only 2 weeks after surgery, and it usually resolves after several months.  Bruising and swelling can also be fairly significant for at least several weeks, then gradually resolve.  When you have a problem like bleeding after surgery it is very important to have close followup with your surgeon.