Always wanted a nose job (rhinoplasty) for a softer more feminine look but I've seen bad nose jobs so I'm terrified? (Photo)

My nose is not huge it's just pointy and longer for my face. Looks different in all angles some pics it looks like i have a slight bump and the tip goes up?? The tip also moves downward when I talk also goes down when i do 'kissy' face. I just want a slight difference..more of a girly softer feminine feel. Im having a problem finding a doctor I live in palm coast florida, i will only go to a doctor that has before and afters so I can see if they did something similar to what I'm looking for??

Rhinoplasty will help you achieve more feminine look

Reviewing your photos, you are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty. Your bridge is full and wide, the tip is boxy and prominent, and there is a slight profile fullness. These features can be improved in the hands of an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon with very nice aesthetic results anticipated for you. Your nose will have a more feminine shape. An extensive Before and After photo gallery will help you decide on a surgeon. I encourage you to visit our website. Best,

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Always wanted a nose job (rhinoplasty) for a softer more feminine look but I've seen bad nose jobs so I'm terrified?

Best to seeking a few in person consultations with only boarded PSs in our area. Than return many times til you have a confidence level with the surgeon. You need a FULL RHINOPLASTY! Fee $6,000 rages.

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery is often called the most difficult surgery we as plastic surgeons perform.  That is likely because so many steps are required to get the "perfect result", and often each prior step affects the next.  It is important to be very comfortable with your surgeon, ask about revision rates, and look at the doctor's work.  Online recommendations etc, are also valuable.good luck

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon

Hello,I think you are wise to find a surgeon you feel comfortable with.  Before and after pictures are a good place to start and then to have a consultation with the surgeon/surgeons.  As you know, meeting with a surgeon in person, you will be able to tell if you feel comfortable with them and what they are recommending.  Ask to talk with previous rhinoplasty patients and possibly to meet up with them.  Otherwise, it does take work to find someone.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

I enjoy doing noses . I think this stems from being an art student at the Los Angeles county museum of art . I believe that this type of background is beneficial for those surgeons who perform Rhinoplasties. 

As an artist I like using the reshahaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a more refined natural looking nose.

I like to to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Concerned About Results of Rhinoplasty Surgery

Your approach to rhinoplasty surgery is very healthy. Take your time, find an experienced surgeon who specializes in this procedure, and ask to see multiple examples of results that you like in patients that had noses like yours. It is reasonable to expect a natural, feminine result that is proportional to your surrounding well defined  facial features.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address narrowing and refining the tip, and the bridge line with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. To prevent the tip from moving when smiling  requires releasing of the depressor septi ligament. For many examples, please see the link and video below

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty is a very unique artistic operation. So finding the right Surgeon is crucial. You appear that you would benefit from Rhinoplasty to achieve a more elegant feminine nose. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS with expertise in Rhinoplasty. Look at his/her before and after photos . Hope this helps