4th syringe of Juvederm from May 21-August (Photo)

My lips were never thin just uneven/no volume.After the 1st syringe it was still uneven 9 days later I got another, they looked amazing for a month then completly went down Thats 2 whole syringes in med sized lips it wasnt just swelling that went down.Should of looked boom baby+stayed that way. After another, you'd think I'd look like kylie jenner by now but no.Body metabolized 3 syr.Now i got the 4th why is my body metabolizing the product so fast? She used juvederm ultra plus the last 2 times.

Filler wears off too soon.

This is not very common, but does happen...so if you try a thicker filler such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft and even then you still have early disappearance of product, you may want to possibly consider fat transfer for a longer lasting option. Best luck, Dr. Papantoniou

Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Why does Juvederm not last in my lips?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Not everyone metabolizes Juvederm the same.  I have had similar cases where great correction and enhancement was achieved only to see it evaporate in a few weeks.  One can try a different product but my experience has been that even doing this it may not last.  If the results of a different product are unsuccessful then one may consider lip implants. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Filler Injections in the LIps

As others have stated this can happen and a "thicker" filler such as Restylane Lyft or Voluma may last longer.  As always go to an injector with experience with lip injections

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Juvederm disappearing too fast

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm.
  • I am so sorry you are having this problem.
  • A different, thicker filler like Voluma may work better.
  • There are individual variations in how fast each person dissolves a filler - variations that so far, we can't predict.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Metabolizing HA fillers fast in lips

This can happen in some people. My experience is that this gets better with time because there is collagen stimulated. Like the other doc suggested, try using Lyft or Voluma and see if they last a bit longer. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Results

Unfortunately, some patients metabolize fillers quickly. At this point, I would try a different filler such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft for more longevity.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your limited duration effects with Juvederm for lip augmentation.  Some patients are capable of metabolizing filler material quickly and as you have attempted treatment with 4 syringes - which is a fair amount - I would recommend switching to one of the other fillers such as Voluma or Restylane.  Hope this helps.

I would try the NOVA THREADS to the lips 2 smooth and 1 twisted in 2 separate sessions 3 weeks apart. Total fee $2,000.

Lip fillers

Lip fillers are an art. Metabolism of product is dependent upon placement of products, aftercare and daily habits. Smoking is a common cause. I have noticed in patients where there is increased inflammation and swelling post procedure the product does not last. It is for this reason that I do not like using juvederm. I also add volume at various depths during each session to achieve longevity and natural results.