Recovery after tumescent liposuction. How long will the swelling and bruising last?

I had 2500cc/2.5 L removed from my outer thigh area (saddlebags) one week ago. The incisions are 6 mm and there are no stitches. The drainage from the incisions has stopped. How long should I expect the swelling and bruising to last? I am planning on traveling (2 hour trip) after a couple of weeks and then overseas travel (18 hours). That trip will be a month post surgery. Should I expect any problems during travel?

Swelling is normal

It is normal to swell to a certain extent in the areas that surround the liposuction because of local movement of the fluid.  It its also common to have generalized swelling because of the fluid shift that is occurring globally.  All of this will resolve.  Some in the first few weeks, some over 6 months.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and post-op

Usually the bruising goes away within a bout two weeks. Most swelling will usually come down within 4-6 weeks.

Why have your chosen doctor/surgeon NOT explained the postop recovery issues to you??? Usually in the average patent recovery is from 1 week to 2 months. Traveling depends upon the distance. Again ask your chosen surgeon...