Is nostril asymmetry normal a month after surgery and what are the options if it won't go away? (photos)

I had an open rhinoplasty and septoplasty performed a month ago, to reduce a bulbous tip and straighten the nasal bridge. Unfortunately, there is nostril asymmetry that wouldn`t go away and would show from frontal view. I would like to know if at this point my tip could still have the chance to go down a little and maybe the columella to retract so that the nostrils would show less and this asymmetry to be somewhat hidden and if not what would be the options to correct this. Thank you so much.

Is nostril asymmetry normal a month after surgery and what are the options if it won't go away?

What a wonderful easy result! If after 9 months still unhappy about the very minor asymmetries in the nostril a local anesthesia 'attempt' to improve could be offered, but I would not do anything!

Rhinoplasty RECOVERY FIRST

At 1 month, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asymmetry

Tip and dorsal asymmetries are very common and usually expected after rhinoplasty.  This is because swelling after surgery resolves in an asymmetric fashion.  One month after surgery is too early to address results as there is still significant swelling.  I encourage you to return to your surgeon for reassurance regarding this issue.
Regards

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Minor asymmetries are common after rhinoplasty and may take 6 to 12 months of further recovery to assess the overall rhinoplasty result. It is normal to feel anxious during about such concerns after surgery. Please share and discuss your questions with your surgeon. I am sure you will hear reassurances about your nose. The tip and soft tissue will continue to further improve over time. For now, remain positive and enjoy what appears to be a very nice rhinoplasty result. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD