I Had a Breast Lift a Few Days Ago. When is It Safe to Have a Tummy Tuck?

I had a breast lift a few days ago and while I know the breast will continue to soften, they are so much lovlier than before. I am stoked by my results!! I would like to also have a tummy tuck soon. For personal reasons, I did not want to combine these procedures. While I will ask my surgeon this question also, I like to get a broad base of expert opinions upon which to base my decision.

How long to wait on tummy tuck after breast lift?

I think you should be safe to go with a tummy tuck after 6 weeks.   If a patient wanted to minimize their overall downtime and was not having any issues from the breast lift, I would consider a quicker time frame.

Dr. Gill

Tummy tuck timing after breastlift.

Typically, I would recommend waiting at least 6 weeks before undergoing a tummy tuck. The postoperative routines for either the breastlift or the tummy tuck should not interfere with each other.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck post lift

This is soemthing I would wait 4 to 6 weeks before I would under go the tummy tuck assuming you feel fine etc.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck following breast procedure

I would wait at least 6 weeks and maybe even more before having another procedure. This will give your breast surgery time to heal and makes it easier to revise any complications at this time. 

Timing for a tummy tuck after breast surgery

The timing of your next surgery could be anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months (or longer) after your breast lift.  The decision is best made in consultation with the doctor who is treating you.   The factors to consider include how well your breasts have healed, how your energy and appetite have returned, the level of your breast swelling and pain and whether or not you can spend the time recovering you need to.  A tummy tuck is usually a more difficult recovery than a breast lift, so be sure you have recovered from the first operation before you have the second.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Timing between a breast lift and an abdominoplasty

It is reasonable to give yourself at least 3 months to recovery before you consider having an abdominoplasty.