Rentin-A for acne pitting? Any over the counter or prescriptions that are better? (photo)

Considering Photofacial fractora or fraxel

Retin-A for acne Scarring

Thank you for your question! Retinols, Retin-A, and other Vitamin-A derivatives are all effective for maintaining skin health and can help with fine lines, wrinkles, discolorations, and collagen stimulation. I would advise that you have an in-person assessment with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon's office to be examined and for customized recommendations for your particular skin type and condition. In conjunction to using a vitamin-a product at home, I would also inquire about different lasers, and microneedling as professional treatment options to improve the tone and texture you are concerned with. 

I hope this is helpful to you! All the best to you.

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Scottsdale, AZ

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pitted scars

Dear markpalmbeach:

Retin A is unlikely to eliminate pitted scars. The most effective approach would be a series of micro needling treatments using PRP.  Using topical cosmeceuticals that promote the laying down of collagen and other connective tissue proteins can augment results. These would include growth factors such as Regenica or TNS, and Alastin.  Another procedure that is sometimes very effective but a bit inconsistent in results is TCA 100% to each pitted scar.

All the best, Dr. Clark 

Sheryl D. Clark, MD