How can I get my PS to communicate with me about my extreme disappointment with my breast revisional surgery? (Photo)

I had revisional surgery in December 2014. Within a month after surgery I was developing capsular contraction so my PS would push all his weight on my breasts to break the contraction which was so painful. When I expressed my displeasure with the appearance of my breast he said he would fix them after 8 months. It's almost 2 years and he's avoided me and refuses to speak to me. My breast are firm, sagging & unattractive. I'm embarrassed by how they appear & I haven't been able to work; painful.

Capsular contracture

A revision to remove the capsule, lift the areolas, and replace the implant with a textured device in the dual plane would be generally indicated in your case.  Maybe seek a second opinion to correct these issues. 

Capsular contracture issues

Your picture appears to show a capsular contracture, and it will likely require surgical treatment. All we can advise at this point is what to consider in terms of treatment options. At the least, a capsulectomy and implant replacement, and possibly Strattice. Capsular contracture can occur with any implant procedure especially revisions.

Richard Baxter, MD

Capsular contraction

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question. I really sorry that you have to go through this bad experience with your surgeon, even when it's truth that there are no specific causes for capsular contraction and it's a possible complication in any surgery with implants. If you feel disappointed with the results and you can't get a  solution from your surgeon them you should definitely find another board certified plastic surgeon that can help you.

Rafael Gottenger, MD

Breast revision

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. Its unfortunate that you are having difficulties in your post operative course. Capsular contracture is definitely a risk after breast implant placement. Unfortunately there is no definite cause effect relationship at this time so no one knows exactly why it occurs. If you truly have capsular contracture and that is what is causing your pain then at this point it sounds as though surgery would be your best option. From the photos you posted it appears as though your nipple position is also low and you would likely benefit from a breast lift as well. Hopefully you will be able to get a hold of your plastic surgeon but if you cant, then you should just find another board certified plastic surgeon who can help you with these issues. I wish you the best of luck!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon