Breast lift and removal of old implants and replaced. Any suggestions?

Had my 1 st breast implants 18 years ago saline I want to get them lifted and go smaller with silacone . How much risk is this and is it doable and is this very pricey ?

Breast lift and exchange of implants should be a strait forward and safe operation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your desire to have you 18 year old saline implants removed and replaced with silicone gel implants and have a lift at the same time is frequently preformed operation. I would suggest Mentor Textured gel implants. They have less ripples, less chance of getting hard, and almost always don't slide around. Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience. Ask to see before and after photos. 

Switching implants and getting a lift

Many patients have the surgery you are considering, and it is usually safely done in one stage. If you have capsular contracture, very thin tissues, or any other complicating factors, it may be safer to perform the procedure in stages, but that is difficult to know without an in person examination.

Surgery prices vary depending on the surgeon and the facility as well as which type of implant you choose, but you can expect to pay somewhere between $8,000 and $11,000. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant exchange and lift

Many patients are exchanging saline for silicone and adding a lift as their breasts mature. The price is variable depending on the implant ( shaped are more expensive) and the time in surgery. The costs start at  around $8,000. Make sure to seek a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Hi. The procedure is frequently carried out . An accurate evaluation is required to determine if the original implants were placed in a subglandular or submuscular position. Implants placed originally in a subglandular position are at a higher risk of developing healing issues after a subsequent breast lift with exchange of implants. You must chose a surgeon who has performed this surgery multiple times previously. Experience is extremely important in this procedure. Today my choice of implants are round, smooth silicone either moderate plus  or high profile. We all have our recipe for success and you need to research.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information 

Good luck on your journey,

Dr. PG

Rejuvenizing breasts after 18yrs of having breast implants

I often find that women like yourself who've had implants for years, actually do not need implants when using The Horndeski Method. Breast implants tend to stretch tissues and over the years women tend to gain weight so that all this extra tissue can be used to create the volume needed for a nice result. Please visit my gallery to find a woman with similar dimensions to see what can now be achieved with current breast lifting techniques. Attached is an example of a simple lift without implants. This patient did not have implants before surgery.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

We often perform combination revision surgeries including explants, lift with augmentation upgrading saline implants to silicone. Once you're examined during your consultation, the treatment plan will be outlined to you. Fees vary depending on the Region, experience of Surgeon, the type of implants, the type of lift, etc. Best to seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person examination

Without posting photos very hard to advise! Best to seek many in person opinions from boarded PSs in SOUTH FL. Fee from $8,000+

Breast lift and smaller implants

The risk would be the same as with your first procedure unless you have developed medical problems like diabetes or heart disease. Another important factor in your healing process is whether you smoke. I would recommend that you stop smoking COMPLETELY one month before and one month after to avoid complications. 
 Always try and look for a board certified plastic surgeon with hospital privileges nearby. 
  The surgery will probably involve a horizontal and vertical scar and the implants can be inserted at the same procedure. Some surgeons prefer to do the lift (mastopexy) first then insert implants later. If you want to be smaller then you may want to do it this way
  The price depends on the surgeons fees and OR fees, The price of the silicone implants is usually about the same. Seek more than one opinion and check before and after results. 

Laurence Arnold, MD
Asheville Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and breast lift

You have many options.  You need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  One optional first step in such a case is the pre-operative deflation of your saline implants.  That would allow you to see what your natural breast volume is like and allow the skin to contract a bit.  After that, planning for your lift and possibly smaller implants can be done.

Dr. Connall

Timothy Connall, MD