What surgery would you recommend for me? I am interested in fleur de lis, brachioplasty and Inner thigh modification (Photo)

I am 25 Weight issues my whole life Highest Weight 320 Gastric Bypass 2 1/2 years ago Down to 240 and stalled for over 6 months Would like to be at 200 before any cosmetic surgery but body is resisting Have worked with trainers, focused on protein and working out. I am feeling stronger, seeing change but not in weight. Skin is getting in my way physically, emotionally and mentally. Just want advice on whether or not to pursue this at this time or to wait longer? Thank you for your time!

Surgery Options for Body Contouring after Bariatric Surgery

Congratulations for your successful post surgical weight loss.  I can understand the extra skin impeding your exercise, but I would suggest you continue to work out and diet under the guidance of a respected dietician.  If you have an abdominal lastly at present, even though your overhanging apron of skin and fat can be removed, if you continue to lose weight, you will end up with extra loose skin again.  Whether it is contouring of the abdomen, arms, or thighs, all of which would be helpful for you, it is best to reach your lower weight goal first, to ensure the smoothest, firmest.

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. A lot of patients will plateau for lengthy periods following bariatric surgery. Don't lose hope. Continue exercising and go on an extremely low carbohydrate diet. I am confident that you can lose down to 180lb. I strongly suggest doing that prior to any surgery. As far as procedures go. Depending how you would look after whatever weight you land up losing, you will most likely need.1. A lower body lift. In my hands this consists of. 1. A full tummy tuck.2. A mons lift. 3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 4. A buttock lift. 5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. Arm lift and thigh lift as you mentioned. The lower body lift can be done together with the arms.the thighs would probably need decompression liposuction at the first surgery.  At the second surgery a thigh lift would then be needed.A fleur-de-lis tummy tuck is not needed.Good luck. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

I would caution you about doing surgery on your arms and legs during the same operation. If you have not had any body contouring surgery before, it is important to realize the importance of early mobility to avoid complications. I believe you will be very happy with your choice of procedures as long as you are counseled properly and the plan focuses on safety.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and thigh lift

thank you for the question From your pictures you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck and a inner thigh lift.  A tummy tuck remove excess fat and tightens the tummy muscles. I invented the Malibu tummy tuck. This gives a very natural looking tummy and bellybutton. In addition pain and recovery are significantly left versus traditional technique. It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery.  An inner thigh lift removes fat and tightens the skin .  For more information please see the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Here are my recs...

First of all, congrats on the weight loss so far.  My advice is to find out why your body has stalled and change things up to try and lose that last amount of weight that you desire and need BEFORE any surgery.  Your results will thank you for it.  From a surgical standpoint, here is what I think would be best:1. I am not a big fan of the Fleur-de-lis.  You are young and I think would do incredible from a standard tummy tuck with the potential to do a circumferential depending on an evaluation of your lateral thighs, hips, and buttock area.  I hate the scar down the midline of your abdomen and think you can do really well without it.2. You would improve your back with liposuction to those areas which will remove fullness and break up the natural lines of adhesion- improving your overall look.3. I wouldn't touch your arms or legs until you are at your rock-bottom weight.  You really need to have these areas deflated with weight loss or sometimes staging the tissue excision after aggressive liposuctioning.  I have found the best results come from losing the weight first.I do a lot of surgery after weight loss and would be happy to email you some pictures.  Hope this helps.-JGH

Sounds like a good plan. But must be done in hospital setting in my over the internet opinion, in multiple stags/..