How do I lessen scars around my tear ducts and bottom lids? (Photo)

I recently had surgery in Korea to make my eyes bigger and obtain a double eyelid. However, I'm increasingly becoming slightly worried about the scarring around my tear ducts. Although they are not quite noticeable, I am anxious and insecure because of them. How do I fix this?

Scar therapy around the tear ducts

I would carefully apply Plato's Scar Serum followed by scar modulation therapy to reduce the scarring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Laser Skin Resurfacing

Laser Skin Resurfacing: As one of the most exciting and innovative scientific achievements of the decade, Laser technology is being utilized throughout the health care community. The doctor uses one of the newest lasers, the ultrapulse carbon dioxide laser, to treat sun-damaged skin, facial wrinkles and scars in a procedure called laser skin resurfacing.What is a laser?The word “laser” is an acronym, which stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A surgical laser, such as the CO2 laser, is a beam of light capable of removing unwanted tissue, such as scarred, lined, wrinkled, and otherwise imperfect skin. The laser vaporizes skin cells by emitting bursts of radiation that are absorbed by water in these cells. Laser light penetrates to a very precise, controlled depth, making the procedure safe and predictable, while reducing the risk of scarring or pigmentation problems. Laser skin resurfacing is bloodless, and is performed right here in our office, under light sedation. As a result of this treatment, you are left with more natural looking skin.What areas can be treated through laser resurfacing?The laser is used to reduce tiny wrinkles, acne scars and other minor skin imperfections, especially around the mouth and eyes. It can improve sun-damaged and acne scarred skin, problems that often cause concern to both men and women.Benefits of TreatmentLaser resurfacing can be used as an alternative to chemical peel and dermabrasion. The benefits of using this technique are that there is less pain and a faster recovery time. In most cases, it is also less costly.Before SurgeryPrior to surgery, the doctor and you will discuss the goals for facial improvement. After determining the appropriate procedure, we will fully describe the procedure, what results to expect and the costs. The skin is usually pretreated prior to surgery to improve the healing time.The ProcedureA local anesthetic is given to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure. The area is cleansed and draped. The doctor directs the laser beam toward your skin imperfections. The laser quickly and accurately vaporizes the outermost layers of skin just four or five cells in thickness.What can be expected?In most cases, only one treatment is needed. The initial redness fades in a few weeks to a light pink, which can be concealed with makeup. The discoloration usually disappears in one or three months. The goal of laser resurfacing is to enhance facial appearance. Expectations by the patient must be realistic, and results should be anticipated as improvements rather than total corrections. Results of the surgery depend on many factors such as the size, shape and location of the imperfection and the patient’s heredity, age and general skin condition.

John Frattellone, DMD
Red Bank Dentist

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Scars can be treated with lasers, but i suggest giving this time to heal or contacting your physician for options.  Best, Dr. Emer.