Treatment for sunken eyes?

My eyes had always been big. Exactly 3 years back, I noticed that my right eye had gone inside. Means it was sitting deeper in the socket. I could notice a difference in size between my right and left eye. After a few months, my right eye again got inside. Since then, it keeps going inside and due to this, my right eye now seems a lot smaller. And I am noticing from the past few days that my left eye has also got smaller (sitting deep in the socket). I am 18 years old.

Doctor Answers 3

Eye concerns

Based on your description you need to consult with an ophthalmologist.  An examination and possibly some testing may be needed to determine the cause of the symptoms you described.

Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

I suggest a consultation for Sunken Eyes and Dark Circles.

It's really hard to tell without pictures and from your description. If you're talking about under eye hollows,  I recommend a combination approach. In treating under eyes, a combination approach is best. I use a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers and skin care/peels which can improve this area. Facial contouring can be done with fillers and/or fat if needed. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Treatment for sunken eyes?

I need more information including photos and possibly CT scan of your orbits to tell you what is going on. If not trauma related, it could be silent sinus syndrome. Treatment is possible through orbital implant. If you don't want to post photos, direct an oculoplastic specialist directly.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.