How to treat a minor red scar appeared after a scab is removed following a CO2 treatment?

After i took a CO2 treatment on my old surgical facial scar (on cheek) a scab was formed and when i removed it on the 4-5th day after CO2 treatment date i saw and indented small scar in red. When this minor indention will be recovered or redness will go away as the redness from other main area is now 80 percent decreased. I am more worried about the new minor indented scar (even it is very small) after scab removal. Please comment. Shall i use some kind of ointment or just let it be like this.

Thanks for your query. You should never peel of a scab from treated portions as chances of PIH are more. It heals on its own but takes a lot of time. To fasten the process you can apply any silicone based topical cream. You can send in your picture for better appreciation and consult. If your scar is deep, then you should visit a dermatologist for the same.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon