Is it safe to masturbate after a hymenoplasty?

Hymenoplasty: Masturbation Postoperatively

Thank you for your question.  Masturbation after hymenoplasty is not recommended for at least 6 weeks. Penetration too soon after hymenoplasty can lead to injuring your repair.  I hope that the answer helps.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Cleveland Urologist

So... you want to masturbate after your hymenplasty?

If you value the time, effort and financial investment you have made in restoring your hymen, the best thing you can possibly do is to let the area heal undisturbed for the first six weeks and let absolutely nothing enter or even come close to entering your vagina. If this clashes with your masturbation techniques, then don't masturbate. Focus on your wedding arrangements instead.

When can I pleasure myself (masturbate) after a hymenoplasty?

I would advise asking your surgeon their opinion! For my patients, I advise absolutely no self-pleasuring below the waist for 3 weeks; at that time mons and clitoral manipulation OK but absolutely no "slippage" into the vagina. If you feel that, in the "heat of the moment" your finger(s) just might slip inside, then no self-pleasuring until 6 weeks, in my opinion...

Michael P Goodman MD