Does scratching transplanted hair after 10 days post op damage the grafts? (photos)

After 10 days of my hair transplant (FUT) my transplanted hair started to fall. I know that it is normal. Unluckily I snatched some of them with nails (without any pain). The snatched hairs looked exactly the same as fell out themselves having scap with them. What I want to know is that have I damaged the grafts while snatching? Will they never regrow?

Scratching your head will not likely dislodge grafts after 10 days. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Scratching your head will not likely dislodge grafts after 10 days.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scratching

Scratching either the donor or recipient site after a hair transplant runs the risk of causing infections from your fingernails which are generally considered dirty

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon