I have a hump on my nose and the tip is down, how can the tip of nose get up? (photo)

I have a hump on my nose and the tip is down, how can the tip of nose get up?

A thorough consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with interest in Rhinoplasty offers an extremely detailed session where you have the opportunity to express all of your concerns.  Multiple issues can be addressed in one Rhinoplasty.  The hump on your nose and the tip pointing down are both common concerns and can be nicely addressed in a Rhinoplasty.  They are both bone and cartilage and these can be lowered for a very nice improvement in your profile.  Your Radix is high, which is the bridge between your eyes and that requires special attention and technique to lower at the same time.  Shortening your nose or turning it up, there is an appropriate amount which I cannot say due to the image provided not including your forehead and chin.  It is also related to gender, height and age.  There are a variety of ways of turning the tip up to shorten the nose.  I personally prefer structural methods using the neighboring septum to control very carefully the amount of rotation or turning the tip up.  I hope you find this information helpful.  

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

ı have a hump on my nose and the tip is down, how can the tip of nose get up?

Thank you for your question

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo. A rhinoplasty can help you. It can reduce the bump, shorten and rotate the tip up slightly to look less droopy and natural. Consult a surgeon if you want to go ahead. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your 1 picture you have the opportunity to get high quality results, based on your request for hump reduction and tip elevation.  The important part will be to balance several other factors to make sure you don't get new problems such as the "open roof deformity", etc.  The tip correction can be done through a set of precise maneuvers to set the shape at the same time as elevation.  Good luck.

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, MS, FACS

Wirth Plastic Surgery

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Fixing hump and tip

Reducing a hump and lifting the tip are probably the two most common complaint patients have about their noses. There are several standard procedures to fix these. Go ahead and visit your closest rhinoplasty surgeon.