Is it safe to have both FUT and PRP on a same day, side by side ?

Hello Everyone. i hope you all are doing freat. I just had FUT hair transplant surgury 2 days ago. Grafts are transplanted just in the frontal area of head while my surgeon gave me a PRP injection in the crown area, where grats are not transplanted. i just want to ask that is it safe to have both FUT and PRP on a same day, side by side ?

Yes, all ok for FUT and PRP on the same day.

The answer is yes, all good. In fact I use PRP, Finesteride and Minoxidil to maintain the effects of FUT. To have both FUT and PRP on the same day is safe, and sensible. 

Future studies may show a higher viable rate of transplanted hairs with growth factors and cytokines from PRP.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Hair Transplant and PRP

It is safe to have FUT hair transplant and PRP on different areas the same day.  In addition, you should consider having PRP in the transplanted area at a later date.  Best, Dr. Green

FUT and PRP same day

Yes it is completely safe to do PRP and FUT the same day for both transplanted area and non transplanted area. I do this with most of my patients. 

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and transplant same day?

In my opinion, it is safe to have PRP and hair transplant the same day. In addition, you may want to consider the PRP treatments at some interval to keep your existing hair from miniaturizing. In addition, Transplanted hairs do extremely well with PRP maintenance. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon