still have puffiness behind my areolas after gynaecomastia surgery..what are the reasons? (photos)

hi..i am 25 yrs old..I had a gynaecomastia surgery 6 months ago only liposuction, no gland excision..I still have dome shape structure behind my areolas i dont feel like glandular component behind my areola..Should i go for revision surgery or should i wait? What is the reason behind the dome shape structure?Recommend me the best procedure for my treatment..Thanks..

Puffy Nipple Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.It would be most important that you and your surgeon determine this condition in yourself, as well as the need to follow through on the procedure to correct this. You may have had it only slightly, but if it was not included with your procedure then the other gynecomastia was handled, making your puffy areolae stand out some more.

Hi there
i think it's pretty straight forward, you still have gland tisdue there that needs to be removed, surgically, not with liposuction
the timing is an issue for your surgeon to decide

Still have puffiness behind my areolas after gynaecomastia surgery..what are the reasons?

In person evaluation would be necessary to provide you with definitive diagnosis/advice.  Given your history, I wonder if there is some "glandular component" behind the areola.   Direct excision of gland (partial subcutaneous mastectomy), plus/minus liposuction surgery is usually necessary for definitive treatment of gynecomastia.

Follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource for accurate assessment. Best wishes.