I'm pretty worried; see pics & tell me is there any abnormality with my labia lips or it okay? (Photos)

Is it look okay or is there any abnormality seen should i need surgery?

Labiaplasty is up to you

It is not the best picture but the basic take home message is:   A labiaplasty is an elective procedure to help reduce the size of your labias in or der to ease the physical and or emotional discomfort that they may be causing you.  If your labias do not bother you then you do not need a labiaplasty!

Candidate for Labiaplasty?

Well, your photos are a little shadowed so I don't want to make any presumptions, but I can tell you about things you can consider on your own when determining whether you are a candidate for vaginal rejuvenation surgery.Women have a wide range of normal  color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. Therefore, it is an evaluation of all of these issues on your part to determine whether you would prefer to have surgery. Take a look at the video attached in order to see some key points to research before diving into anything too quickly.

You are OK. This is Normal

Most ladies, however, desire a "tucked in" look to the labia minora, with no labial show outside of the majora. If this is something that you desire, a labiaplasty is the right treatment. But beware, there are very few experts out there, mostly doctors with scissors who want to amputate the labia because they don't know any better. Don't see anyone who offers you a trim and can't show you a dozen before and after photos. A botched result is more likely than not.

I'm pretty worried; see pics and tell me is there any abnormality with my labia lips?

Thank you for your question and photographs. There is a wide variation in the size and appearance of a women's anatomy, and your vagina falls well within normal. Some women may have, or develop, enlarged or asymmetrical labia that can make exercise, sexual intercourse, or wearing certain types of clothing difficult. In these instances, a labiaplasty allows for a reduction in the size of the labia, while also making a more symmetrical pairing. The decision to pursue any aesthetic based surgery is a personal one and need not be entertained unless you seek a desired change. Hope this helps

Labiaplasty decision is personal

First, let me reassure you that your labia appearance is normal. However there is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Labiaplasty Elective

Thank you for your question about Labiaplasty.

Based solely on the pictures, your anatomy seems normal. Labiaplasty would be elective and cosmetic.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have this procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS