Permanently enlarged lips. Any suggestions?

My bottom lip had never been too big. But it increased in size because I used to peel off the skin from my lips which often caused bleeding and irritated the lips too much. Is there any way by which my lip can get back to its original size or surgery is the only option?

Lip Augmentation

Hi Mahrukh12,
Based from your description of your current lip condition, it should get back to its original shape and size after your stop manipulation (touching or peeling). Should it persist even after a few months, lip reduction may be necessary if you want a smaller lip. Lip reduction surgery is a straight forward procedure. that will be done under local anesthesia.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations but I would first advise avoiding any lip peeling or trauma for at least six months in order to allow your lip skin time to settle and calm down, removing any undue stress to the tissues and allowing them to soften.  At that time assess your lips with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if lip reduction surgery is appropriate or if you would better be served with another treatment option.  Hope this helps.