What is cause of pain after crown especially after biting?

I had cavity in one of my premolar my dentist cleared it out did root canal and put artificial veins in the gum then covered it with the crown. It was alright for the first few months but now after 7 months it hurts so bad. I cant bite when ever I bite something hard the pain starts and it lingers for a couple of hours then its stops. The gum around the crown is also blackish now. But it hurts I have stopped eating food because the pain is so bad I am on liquid diet now. Please help.

May need to have root canal redone

The tooth probably has an extra nerve that was not cleaned and filled the first time.  The root canal will probably have to be redone by a specialist.  It is not common but it does happen.

Bonita Springs Dentist