Help needed regarding losing hair at crown region. (photos)

i have been loosing hair at crown region for almost 4 years now....and the hairs just keep on falling.... i have tried different oils but to no hairline is fine at the moment...should i start using finpecia (finestride) and hairmax plus 5% minoxidil.....will they have any effect ?? And please do explain about the initial shedding after usage because that is the thing which i am most afraid of. My age is 25 Thankyou.

Help needed regarding losing hair at crown region.

GreetingsThank you for your question, you have very thin hair and we recommend that you do Hair loss Operation.Organic Hair Transplant is best for your thin hair.Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

There is no "cure" for genetic male pattern balding. If you are having hair loss despite Rogaine use it is best to discuss this

There is no "cure" for genetic male pattern balding.  If you are having hair loss despite Rogaine use it is best to discuss this with your doctor.  If you are considering other options it is also best to discuss this with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss in the crown at age 25

Given your age and the amount of thinning you have--in the crown and elsewhere--I would not recommend a hair transplant at this time. Oils will not help, but you would most likely benefit from a combination of finasteride, minoxidil (5% twice a day), and laser therapy. Remember, the goal is to keep things from getting worse. If you can look in the mirror in 2 or 3 years and say "I don't see any difference," the treatment has probably been effective. If you see an actual improvement (which you might), that's a plus. At that point, you might be a better candidate for surgery.

I hope this was helpful--
Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crown and other hair loss

I am fairly sure after looking at your photos that you are more than crown loss. Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crown hair loss

• Sheraz_ashraf,
I would recommend that you consider maxing your medical regimen including Propecia, Rogaine 5% twice per day, Biotin 5 mg per day, Nizoral 2% every other day, and Lasercap Pro 30 min. every other day. The temporary thinning that may occur is actually a good sign since those finer hairs are usually replace by thicker hair. Hope this helps.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon