Been more than 2 months: issues with the gynecomastia recovery.

First, chest is too sensitive, hurts when my shirts touches my chest or when car hits the bumps, does it mean i should wear my vest again ? Second, my post operative site was really good but now its fuller, feels that there is still fat around, would it go ? Third, there is a pulling when i lift my arms, would it damage anything post 2 months if i lift my arms? Fourth, both of my nipples look different in size and type, is it because of scartissue ? Does fluid absorb by itself if there's any ?

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi wayneali,

Thanks for the post. At 2 months you are still in the recovery phase and will see changes in your chest from one week to the next. Final results are at 6 months.  You should be able to lift your arms at 2 months and the tightness may be due to scar tissue. Also it is unusual to have a fluid collection at 2 months. It is difficult to advise more specifically without an in person examination.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi wayneali,

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Some Key Points with Gynecomastia Healing

BRUISING AND SWELLING: Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.

NUMBNESS: It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.

LUMPINESS: As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.

These are just some basic points that occur with the overall healing process after the gynecomastia procedure. If you find yourself concerned or worried at all about your healing, it would be best to visit your surgeon for a follow-up to make sure that everything is going well. Good luck.

Gynecomastia recovery

Thank you for your questions. I recommend scheduling a follow up appointment to go over all of your concerns with your surgeon as he/she are familiar with your specific surgery. 

Gynecomastia recovery