Massive Donor area shock-loss due to tight closure. Will my hair regrow? (photos)

I had a FUT session two and a half months ago. According to my understanding, I had tight closure of the donor area that led to massive shock loss near both ears. Now I am very concerned if my hair will grow back. Kindly tell me when should I expect to see some regrowth. Also tell me if there is a way to speed up the re-growth process. REGARDS

Shock loss after tight closure?

kaantay,After blowing up the image, I can see that the areas have thinned but not all the hair has "shocked." That is a good prognostic sign, do not despair it might grow back. I would recommend that you apply minoxidil 5% twice per day to the area, it might expedite the growth. It might have been also related to epinephrine use in the donor harvest. Good luck, and all the best. 
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor area shock loss from tight FUT/strip harvesting closure

This is the dark side of FUT/strip surgery. (Make no mistake: FUE also has its dark side.) Fortunately, shock loss of this degree due to tight closures is an extremely rare occurrence in experienced hands; unfortunately, it happened to you. But don't give up hope because you may have a surprising amount of regrowth over the next few months. I would try using minoxidil in the area--it might help, and couldn't hurt.Thanks for your question, and best of luck to you.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Massive donor hair loss from a tight closure may be devastating but in general they do grow back over time.

Massive donor hair loss from a tight closure may be devastating but in general they do grow back over time.  There is no way to speed this up.  It may take over a year.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Massive donor shock loss

These often do not regrow. This can be a real problem. Wait a full 8 months to see what grows. You may need to discuss treatment of the scar after 8 months with an expander

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon