Are marine or bovine collagen supplements safe to take for life? (Photo)

Is it safe to take vivascal or nourkin which contain marine collagen safe to take for a lifetime? Or is there a real risk of developing alzheimers or dementia due to high mercury levels although the companies say they filter the mercury out to acceptable levels and does the efficacy reduce overy time and the supplements stop working? Both these supplements help with hair loss and I'm interested in taking them long term

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

One
session won't make much of a difference. It takes several sessions of
lasers to prevent hair regrowth. Please see an expert. Please see an
expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Safety of supplements

You should check with your doctor and ask these questions. Someone must be recommending them to you. I know of no long term safety studies that answer your question

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Long term use of supplements

It's a great question and nobody knows that answer. Most clinical trials stop at 6 months or rarely 1 year. That's the info we have to go with.