Is it okay to lose 2 teeth in order to get braces? (Photo)

My dentist said that my lower jaw is a bit shorter. In order to apply braces to the upper teeth in such a way that the difference between my jaws remains minimal , i have to lose 2 of my upper teeth . Now is it ok to do this because i was curious that losing two teeth will harm me in the long run . Im 19 . The dentist said that hell have to remove the 4th tooth from both the sides. I hope this picis alright.

Is it okay to lose 2 teeth in order to get braces?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

According to one photo only, it appears that you have moderate crowding of the upper teeth, and perhaps no crowding of the lower teeth. It is not necessary to have 2 upper teeth, i.e the 4th tooth removed from both right and left sides, as there is a way to treat your case without any removal of permanent teeth, by using a distalizing appliance, e.g Carriere Distalizer in your treatment, or other appropriate appliance with braces in your case. Please make sure that you are treated by a specialist, i.e. orthodontist, who can give you an alternate treatment option.

Colorado Springs Orthodontist