My labia is shrinked and wrinkled.

My vagina I shrinked and wrinkled iam 29 years old

Doctor Answers 9

Candidate for a labiaplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Labia Surgical Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I  perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance,  restore and rejuvenate the female genital region.  This includes  procedures to improve moisture, and sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva including the labia minora, labia majora,  the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina.  The mons pubis can also be improved with techniques noted below. There are many names for these procedures which include: Designer Vagina, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, LVR, Monsplasty, Labiaplasty, Labia Rejuvenation, Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery, Aesthetic Vaginal Sugery, Perineoplasty, and Hymenoplasty. Vaginal Enhancement Surgery is basically cosmetic surgery of a woman’s “Private Parts” or genital region. From here you should seek out a local certified plastic surgeon for a consultation as to which options would best help you reach your desired results. Best of luck to you!

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Labia shrinked and wrinkled

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I am not positive of the intentions of this statement. Assuming it is a question of concern regrading if your labia is normal or not, rest assured that there is a great variety of shapes and sizes of labia, all of which could be considered "normal".  If your labia is causing you concern or discomfort, there are multiple options for you to consider, including labiaplasty, Thermiva, and injections. The procedure that would be best for you would be determined by what exactly you are concerned about and we would need more details regarding your situation.  A consultation and exam with a board certified doctor would be recommended.

My labia is shrinked and wrinkled.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your comment.  There is a wide variation in the size and appearance of a women's anatomy but some women may have, or develop, enlarged or asymmetrical labia that can make exercise, sexual intercourse, or wearing certain types of clothing difficult. In these instances, a labiaplasty allows for a reduction in the size of the labia, while also making a more symmetrical pairing.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who could perform a physical exam, would be able to give you a more definitive opinion.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The members here will be happy to answer your question if you have one.John R Miklos MD Urogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Is there a question here?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I assume you are describing the labia majora. Loss of volume in the labia majora is common and not a medical problem. Women who don't like the appearance sometimes undergo fat injections to restore volume and enhance skin tone.

Vaginal shrink & wrinkled

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your concern in this forum because it is a very common problem women share. There are many factors which attribute to vaginal and vulvar relaxation. Labialplasty is a good choice if you would like excess tissue removed. The ThermiVa procedure is a great choice if you are looking for tighting results and the results are immediate without any downtime.

Haydee Docasar, MD
Henderson OB-GYN

You may benefit from a labiaplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
a Labiaplasty will decrease the prominence of the labia minora so that they dont protrude beyond the labia majora. i do the vast majority of these in the office under local anesthetic with oral sedation. you can return to work in 3- 5 days. see a board certified plastic surgeon. david berman md

Labia looks wrinkled

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for posting here. 
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the appearance of your vagina. Vaginas come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and most of these however "odd" they may look are in fact normal and most women have these "wrinkled" features. Labiaplasty surgery is an option for women who want an altered - usually more compact - appearance of the labia. Sometimes women suggest an enlarged labia is in the way of daily life and is irritable. But labiaplasty is almost a purely cosmetic surgery and is 100% your choice if you like to change how your labia looks. If this is an option you are interested in I suggest beginning research on the topic of labiaplasty in general such as methods used to trim and post-op result expectations, so you know what you are getting in to. Then research board certified plastic surgeons who are labiaplasty specialists in your general area and set up consultations to meet with these doctors. Best of luck.

Traci Temmen, MD
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.