I have synkinesis.. Will botox be helpfull?

6 year back i had a attack of belly palsy now i am suffering from synkinesis......i am very upset...my eye close when i smile...my lps drift one side and that neck muscle stretched this feeling is worse.....i want to know about botox and its side effect and efected r not.....in my country i don't think there is any Institute doing botox treatment

Synkinesis Can be Improved But Not Resolved With BOtox

As you probably already know, synkinesis happens when a nerve is cross-wired such that the wrong muscle is stimulated. A common example of this is winking of the eye when one chews or yawns. Since Botox paralyzes muscles, it can be used to lessen the winking by weakening the winking muscle, but it won't undo the cross-wired nerves.

Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for synkinesis

Botox will be very helpful for synkinesis. There are very few risks associated with this treatment and it can definitely improve sykninesis.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon