I had my first laser session today and I still have a small amount of hair on my face and neck. Is this normal?

Some of my hairs are easily plucked by my finger but others are not. Is this normal after first session? They will fall within few days or not?

Give it Time

It is absolutely normal to still have hair after your first laser treatment. Lasers destroy hair at the follicle level, so you won't see results immediately. After about a week or so, if you gently pull on the hair, you will notice that some of the hair easily falls out. Also, I tell my laser clients not to expect visible results until after their second treatment, although most see visible results a couple weeks after their first treatment. Good Luck!

Franklin Physician

Laser hair removal

The laser works on the hair follicle at a certain stage in its growth cycle.  Only about 25% of the hair is at that stage at any given time, so you will require additional laser treatments to get rid of the majority of the hair in any area.  I usually tell people to expect 4-6 treatments spaced about 4-6 weeks apart.  You should see a reduction in the amount of hair after each treatment.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon