i want to know about prp therpy works to get thick hair or not? (photo)

I am from pakistan.i am 23 years oldi am suffering fron to much haie loss and my hair really thin.i want to know that can prp treat hair loss.and for hair thickening..

PRP to thicken hair? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Platelet-rich plasma is excellent at decreasing hairloss and thickening the size of the individual hair follicles. It will take approximately 3 to 8 months to notice a difference in the size of the individual hair follicle. Average results are between thirty and seventy percent increase in thickness. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP Stimulates Hair Growth

Thank you for your questions, as they are frequently asked questions for this hair growth stimulation procedure. 

As there are many causes for hair loss, one must rule out any underlying medical conditions such as hormone imbalance, vitamin deficiency or other issues. As one ages the blood vessels supplying the hair follicles can atrophy causing decreased blood flow and nutrients to the follicle. This can result in the follicle shrinking, becoming dormant and not producing hair. This situation is a good indication for PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). 

Best results are obtained by doing an initial series of 2 to 3 treatments spaced out five weeks between each treatment. Most patients will see some growth after the second treatment and some have shown visible growth after one treatment. I find better results are obtained when combining the deeper PRP injections with micro needling and “Painting”. The micro needling creates channels through the upper layers of skin allowing the subsequent “painting” of PRP to penetrate these superficial layers. Once the PRP penetrates the skin it releases stem cells and stimulates the release of growth factors. These factors stimulate new blood vessel growth to the follicles.

After this initial series, best results are maintained with a touch up treatment once each year. I also recommend certain topical serums or oral supplements during the treatment phase which help with the growth. Patients obtain hair growth that results in both an increased number of follicles producing hair as well as an increase in the thickness of the hair fiber.

Robert H. Cohen, MD
Los Angeles Physician

PRP can be an effective therapy for hair loss

Hello Nelam.  Thank you for sharing a photo with your question.  There are many reasons for hairloss, some that have yet to be fully understood.  There are several causes that you should consider, including essential nutrient depletions (biotin supplementation is helpful), infectious causes (dermatologists can evaluate for skin conditions), heredity, hormone depletions (esp. after childbirth; progesterone helps with hair growth), autoimmune diseases (rheumatologist can evaluate with blood work/scalp biopsy), etc.  Many patients who live stressful lives sustain a slow decrease in scalp circulation that leads to miniaturization of the follicles and early shedding-this is the situation in which PRP is the most useful.  Multiple (around 3-4) sessions about 6-8 weeks apart will deliver nutrients directly to the follicles. Initially patients report less shedding, then an increase in density.  Since hair growth can be painfully slow, you will not see results for many months, so take photos and be patient.  Best wishes,